2012 New Year's Nails

Hi!

2012 New Year's Nails


I thought it would be appropriate for my first post of the year to be on the nails I wore for new years. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything fun, had a simple dinner at my fave steakhouse with B and was home by 10pm. I didn't even bother to watch the fireworks on TV.

Anyways, here are my New Year's inspired nails:
As you can see, I went a little overboard with the glitter and in hindsight, I should've done something with a gradient effect. With that being said though, I love the blue glow the nails gave off from the blue and silver glitter.
2012 New Year's Nails
 For the nails, I used a base coat of OPI's Original Nail Envy. This is because my nails are very damaged and weak, and its a stronger base than regular base coats. Then I used Sportsgirls Ink polish as the base, kind of like the night sky.
2012 New Year's Nails
Over this, I used two thick coats of the China Glaze Snow Globe which has large hexagonal pieces of glitter and medium sized round glitter, all with iridescence to it. Over this, I also added a coat of Rimmel's Disco Ball polish, which is small round glitter, with a blue tinge to them. To finish, I used Seche Vite Top Coat, my absolute favourite top coat!
2012 New Year's Nails
Let me know what you think!

<3 S

0 comments:

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops