Review and Swatches: NYX Lip Glosses (Juicy Pink, Juicy Red, Doll Pink, Apricot and Pink).

Hi =)

I originally bought only one lip gloss from NYX, just to try it out. I haven't had much luck with lip glosses, find they are always too sticky or too sweet or too drying. So I was a little hesitant to try these out. But the NYX lip glosses have amazing reviews so I purchased the Mega shine Lip Gloss in Juicy Pink, just to try it out. It is a clear colour, which helped convince me to buy it.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Juicy Pink


The first time I tried this, the smell was incredibly overpowering: a sickly sweet cotton candy smell. I still dislike the smell, but its something I've gotten used to. The first time I used it, it fell a little grainy as well, like there were little sugar particles on my lips, which I hated. So I gave up on it for a week or two, and decided to go for it again. The smell still hit me quite hard, but what changed was the consistency. It was smooth and cream and very very glossy, i.e. Mega Shine-y. So I loved it and decided I wanted a few more with a bit more colour in them.
NYX Lipglosses
NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses: Juicy Red and Juicy Pink
NYX Girls Glosses: Doll Pink, Pink and Apricot.
I have to say I haven't used the four new glosses I bought yet. But here they are closer up:
NYX Girls Gloss: Apricot
NYX Girls Gloss: Pink
NYX Girls Gloss: Doll Pink
What I found with the NYX Girls Glosses, they are very very pigmented and very strong in colour. I'm not 100% I like them, but with my little anecdote previously, first impressions aren't always right. I might have to give them more of a go. The reason why the apricot is not open is because I want to sell it. Its far too orange for me so I'm selling it brand new. I haven't used it or even swatched it, but based on the colour in the tube, its not right for me.
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Juicy Pink
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Juicy Red
And just some swatches:
L-R: Doll Pink, Pink, Juicy Red and Juicy Pink.
As you can see the two girls glosses are very thick and pigmented and the juicy red and pink are both very sheer.

I'd definitely recommend the Mega Shine Glosses, but just beware of the smell. The girls glosses also have a sweet lemony-orange smell, like the flavoured cookie creams.

<3 S

0 comments:

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops