Beauty Mark: How to make lipstick last.

Oh, broken angel
Were you sad when he crushed all your dreams?
Oh, broken angel
Inside you're dying 'cause you can't believe
He would leave you alone, and leave you so cold
When you were his daughter
Boyce Avenue - Broken Angel


Hi =)

I love that song, I think that's one of the very few original songs I like from Boyce Avenue. Its so amazingly heartbreaking.

Anyways, I have to confess, I spend quite a lot of time watching tutorials, reading blogs and trying out new tricks. Although I am nowhere close to being an expert, I thought it would be fun to share what I do know, or have learnt or tried out myself. These are all off the top of my head, many I have learnt from one person or another, or from a whole range of people telling me the same thing. I do not take credit for all these ideas, only a few of them. They are in no particular order, just writing as I remember them.

How to make lipstick last. 


I had a friend's birthday last weekend, and I was super excited to try out the "Pin-up" girl looks: heavy eyeliner and bright red lips. Looking back, the eyeliner wasn't as heavy as I would've liked, but my main concern was that I would end up smudging the lipstick all over my face. But I didn't! I watched a few videos, and these are some important steps in maintaining lip colour:
  • Exfoliate your lips!
  • Moisturise your lips with lipbalm at least one hour before putting on your lipstick.
  • Before applying lipstick, use a tissue to remove any excess lipbalm; don't completely dry it out!
  • Apply one coat of lipstick (lip liner is optional). I used a lip brush rather than applying straight from the tube, for a more accurate edge. 
  • Take a clean tissue, place between your lips and clamp down on the tissue, which should remove excess lip product. 
  • Apply another coat of the lipstick. 
  • Take another tissue, open it up, and place over your lips (covering your face). Take any mattifying powder and using a clean, dry cotton pad, dab the cotton in the powder and blot the lips through the tissue. This should draw out the oils in the lipstick.
  • Lip gloss is also optional. I prefer the matte look better, so I didn't apply any.
Please note that its possible that not all these steps are necessary! I took extra caution to ensure my lip color would not come off, and this is how I did it. Also note that if you try to wipe off the lipstick, it will come off! Don't wipe your lips too hard! Drink with a straw, and dab the napkin over your lips.

I will try and do a few more of these when I can.

<3 S

2 comments:

  1. Sharon said...:

    Ahh I remember your red lipstick. it looked good!

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops