Ruby Red Nails

Hi!
Ruby Red Nails
This one will be a quick post, click below for more pictures and info on the polishes I used! =)

I love this nail combination, it reminds me of Dorothy's ruby slippers, from the Wizard of Oz.

I used two polishes to achieve this effect, both from the China Glaze Let It Snow 2011 Collection.
China Glaze Velvet Bow with Ruby Red Nails
First, I used this China Glaze Velvet Bow nail polish as the base colour. I have tried this glitter polish with other more true reds, but they don't achieve the right effect that I want. I love the look of the dark base against the sheer glitter base, because it makes each individual glitter stand out more, rather then blend in.

The glitter polish I used was the China Glaze polish in Ring in the Red.
China Glaze Ring in the Red with Ruby Red Nails
Like I said, its a sheer based polish with small glitter and micro glitter in the mixture. It's lovely and gorgeous. I used two coats of the glitter over the dark base to achieve this effect. I love the way it turned out.

Let me know what you think! xx

<3 S

2 comments:

  1. Sharon said...:

    It does remind me of Dorothy's red slippers :D Love it :D Have u tried the milani FX glitters? I want the gold chunky one :D

  1. S said...:

    umm I have the Milani Gems one? its like colourful glitter, I dont know if thats the one youre talking about?

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops