The Classic French Manicure

Hi!
The Classic French Manicure
I did this very simple, elegant and classy nail design using a variety of polishes. Unfortunately, I do not own a plain, white, creme polish, all I had was a small travel sized bottle of Seche Porcelain, which I got from a Seche French Manicure pack.

If you've never done your own French mani before, there are a few simple, easy rules to follow. Of course, they are allowed to be broken but it does make life a little easier if you follow them.

French Manicure: Tip Guides
I used these self-adhesive tip guides that I bought online.
  1. Place these under the line where you want your french tip to be. Be careful and make sure its in the right place and at the right angle. You don't want wonky tips. 
  2. Don't use a base coat. You don't need to worry about staining your nails with the white polish. 
  3. Once you've stuck the tips on, paint on the polish to the tip and carefully peel off the tip guide before the polish dries.
  4. Using a nail art brush or, a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover, clean up the inner line of the polish, to make it straight and neat.
  5. Apply your sheer polish OVER the nail and the polish. I used OPI Bubble Bath, a favourite for these mani's. 
  6. Apply a top coat and you're done!
French Mani: Seche Porcelain and OPI Bubble Bath
I apologize if these instructions aren't 100% clear, they are more of a guide, to help you get started. YouTube is a great place to learn just about anything, so have a look there if you still need some help.

Let me know what you think! xx

<3 S

0 comments:

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops