Beauty mark: Tightlining/eyeliner with NYX

Hi =)

This is slowly becoming more and more of a beauty blog =/ It is by no means intentional. I just find more interesting things to say about beauty related things. If I'm not doing this, then I'm going off on an angry rant...

Anyways, a couple weeks ago, maybe a month, MakeupByTiffanyD put up a video about tightlining. I really loved her tutorial. I learn a lot from her videos.

Basically (not taking credit for this!), tight lining is a technique used to "fill out" the lash line to make your eyelashes seem fuller (as in you have more lashes).


A few weeks ago, I bought a few items, including a Coastal Scents gel eyeliner (which turned out to be disappointing) and a NYX black eyeshadow.
Not exactly sure about the name, but its probably "black".

So I have to admit, I tried the tightlining technique and found myself completely horrible at it. I smudged it a lot more than I should have and it does not look the least bit natural.

BUT what I did find was that using this shadow as an eyeliner is amazing. Its ridiculously pigmented, and it works just as well as a regular pencil eyeliner. I also find its much more easier to work with. So there, that's my quick tip: Use a black eyeshadow as eyeliner:
  • Use a small, dense brush - I use an angled liner brush for this.
  • Tap into the eyeshadow and tap off an excess powder (good idea to put on your face makeup after this, so its easy to clean away your fallout - i.e. the eyeshadow that does not stick to your eyes and instead end up on your cheek) 
  • Take your brush, and daub it gently onto your tightline - literally the root of your lashes. 
  • Add small amounts - its always better to have less, and add more instead of having too much and trying to remove it. 
  • Keep dabbing this as close to your lash line as possible - it makes it look more natural, the less you use.
  • Clean up any fallout with a cotton bud (Q-tip) dipped in makeup remover.
Don't use it on the waterline however! I only use for the lash line on the bottom, and the lash line and eyelid on top. Oh, and if you can use a primer, and watch out for fall out!


<3 S

0 comments:

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops