Fire! Nails

Fire gradient nails:
Gradient Nail Art



Sooo... long time... And of course, the thing that brings me here is my predictable procrastinatory behaviours. Exams in 4 days? Yeap, this is what I'm meant to be doing.

[BTW totally unrelated, but FINALLY started watching The Vampire Diaries. Not sure what to say about it yet.]

Anyhoos, its obvious that I love nail polish and I love painting my nails but unfortunately, my lack of creativity and overwhelming skill at being clumsy makes its almost impossible for me to do an amazing job with nail art. But I had a go at the gradient design, and here's how it turned out.

From start to finish:
Priceline Beauty Essential Nail Buffer $6
L-R: OPI Base Coat, CG Peachy Keen, OPI In My Back Pocket, CG Hey Sailor

I love these nail buffers, I lost the one I bought from Missha about a year ago, so I needed a new one. Theses are really great for smoothing out the nail.
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
As always base coat! Prevents yellowing nails. Of course I'm running low, and this is getting a little sticky.

China Glaze Peachy Keen
I used this China Glaze polish in Peachy Keen, as a normal base over all the nails and let it dry.

Priceline Beauty Essentials Sponge Applicators

Priceline Beauty Essentials Sponge Applicators
 These little babies give a great effect! This is what I used for the gradient effect.

China Glaze Hey Sailor
I placed some of the red polish on a piece of paper, and daubed the sponge applicator in it, making sure the polish is evenly spread, daub it a little on a clean piece of paper to see how much or little polish is on the applicator. When there's enough polish to make a sponged effect on the paper, daub the applicator on the top half of the nail.
OPI In My Back Pocket
Then using this orange, daub the other side of the applicator in the orange polish on a piece of paper. and daub it over the middle line where the Peachy Keen and the Hey Sailor meet. Keep doing this until it creates a gradual gradient effect.

Seche Vite Top Coat
And of course, top it all off with a top coat. Seche Vite is amazing! Dries rock solid in 30 mins and is beautiful and glossy. I will swear by this to the death!
Gradient nails

Finished gradient nails
Like I said, I'm not very skilled nor do I have a steady hand, so maybe don't look too closely. But I love the way it looks from afar, definitely going to try this again soon!

0 comments:

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops