Summer 2011/2012 Trends

Hi =)

I did a little shopping yesterday, and after spending winter hearing all about the summer trends in the Northern Hemisphere, its finally our turn! These are trends that may be obvious, talked about incessantly by others, but these are the trends I saw as I walked around the shops.



Trend #1: Colour blocking!
This is literally what it means: blocks of colour! Vibrant, bold colours matched with even more vibrant bold colours!
Trend #1: Colour blocking
I would love to have such bright colours in my wardrobe, bright purples matched with yellow, hot pink with blues, and the peach with greens and turquioses!

Unfortunately, being a poor student, I can't afford to splurge on this trend. I feel like this is a temporary trend, and won't hang around too long. If I did have a few dollars to spare though, I would definitely invest in a pair of bright blue skinny jeans (although it may be a little hot for summer):
Colour blocked denim jeans
Anddd of course, I would invest in a lovely purple blazer:

Yes, they are a little more on the safe side, no yellows or oranges, but like I said before, I don't think this isn't a trend that we will be seeing for the next year or two, and I feel like those two pieces can be worn individually, with a plain white shirt or a black dress underneath the blazer.

Trend #2: Vintage!
Vintage trend
This vintage trend is all out oxford shoes, lace and floral dresses, pearls, old silhouette necklaces, large, stiff square bags, bronzed and/or quirky pieces of jewellery.


I have one lace dress, which I love, and I have a few other pieces of clothing with bits of lace on the sleeve.. I love the way lace looks and feels, its so feminine without being too heavy or adding any weight to the look. I also love big pearl studs, I really think they bring out the white in your eyes and make your whole face brighter. This vintage trend is so huge and has so many different sides to it, but the best, and easiest way to incorporate vintage is necklaces, and rings. Diva always has some really nice jewellery for less than $20. Kmart also have a few pieces under $10 too.

Trend #3: Nautical!
Bright reds, bright blues and white stripes! Lots of anchor accessories with ribbons and gold accents!
Nautical Trend
This trend really started (for me) at the end of last summer, and luckily it's coming back this summer too!
Obviously, don't go overboard with the stripes. A simple navy blue top with a gold chain, and some red shorts would be easy enough. Or a red top, white shorts and some striped flats would look amazing!

Trend #4: Animal Print!
This trend I also love!
Animal Print Trend
I already have a leopard print tote that I use for uni, and as in my last nail post, I had (and still have) the tiger striped nails. This trend is best to be worn in accessories only! If you are brave enough, then go for an  out all dress, but to be safe, I prefer to wear neutral clothing, and accessorise with animal print.

There are my  four trends for summer. I am obviously not an expert, but this is what I've seen and just wanted to give you a heads up =) Let me know what you think and if you will try any of these trends!

<3 S

* These images used are not my own.

1 comments:

  1. vicki said...:

    i love leopard print :)

    Great post!

    Vx

    glitterbomb-blog.blogspot.co.uk

 
♥ polished purple © 2011 | Designed by Ibu Hamil, in collaboration with Uncharted 3 News, MW3 Clans and Black Ops